The Add-on Program?
States and MPOs have the unique opportunity to purchase samples of the household travel survey when it is conducted, approximately every five to seven years. These additional samples, along with random national samples collected in the add-on area, are compiled into a cleaned geocoded database for ready application to local planning and forecasting. Trips of ALL lengths, for ALL purposes, and for ALL modes are collected.
- Edited, weighted data
- O-D geocodes for all trip purposes and modes
- Odometer readings
- Transit, walk, bike trips
- Documentation and User’s Guide
- Web-based retrieval system
- No contracting or oversight hassles
- Economies of scale
- Contractors coordinated centrally
- SP&R and PL funds can be used
- High data quality/low risk
- Consistent Local and National data
- Data on demand
Some applications by our previous Add-Ons and others: